This winter, I have found myself more than ever, craving summer.
My summer “to-do” list (Yes, it is an official list. Yes, it is typed on my phone’s notes app). So far, it includes:
1. Wake up early and take long walks with this precious girl.
She’s so tiny here.. She’s gotten much bigger since last summer (and stronger!) She still never gets tired before me, though.
2. Go to all the outdoor concerts I can. I WILL be going to: the Sangamon County Fair, Morgan County Fair, IL State Fair, and Concert in the Corn. Even if I am dancing by myself. And, I’m giving in and getting cowboy boots to wear to all the shows. P.S. My boyfriend and local bestie hate country music. So if you wanna go with me, you can be my summer concert buddy!
- at Miranda Lambert last summer
3. Laying out.
sweet sunshine 🙂
4. Reading trashy books. The more celeb name dropping, alcohol fueled hook-ups, the better!
5. Going to the beach!!!! Matthew and I are taking his mom, sister, cousin, and daughter to Panama City Beach. (Thanks Grandma for letting us use your time share!)
6. Transforming our backyard into a summer paradise. Matt and I have bonfires almost every weekend in the summer. He’s going to build a picnic table. I want to put up cool lights and make the fire pit look pretty.
7. Going to a Cubs roof-top game. All you can eat. All you can drink. Word.
Matt, me, Molly, Cory
8. Float trip! I went on 2 last year. One sucked entirely. The other was the greatest day of my life. I’d like to repeat the greatest day of my life one.
9. Putting pink strinks and/or gold tinsel in my hair. Since I’m a teacher, this would be considered unprofessional to do now. But I REALLY want to do it. Summer will be the perfect time.
10. Making ice cream. I am obsessed with ice cream and try to eat it as often as possible. How great would it be if I could make my own flavors???
What are you looking forward to?
P.S. There are only 14 weeks left until summer break starts! 13 if I don’t count Spring Break. 🙂 AND since I have tomorrow off, only 12 Mondays. It’s basically summer now.
Is there anything better than sand between your toes?